What makes a home a home?
A comfortable bed? A sizable garden? Having your loved ones around you?
We believe that a home is so much more than the four walls around you. It is about feeling safe and being able to thrive, not just survive. Accommodation in a safe place is a critical part of helping people leave homelessness so they can have a better chance of finding hope and independence in their life. Without a space to feel truly safe, it is difficult to leave the ‘survival mode’ of the streets and the chance to focus on their recovery journey. By providing this secure environment at our accommodation, we can help our clients’ start their lives again.
ImpactHK provides support for a range of interventions, ranging from short-term shelter to longer-term co-living arrangement for people who needs safe shelter.
Thank you our partner Spacious Hong Kong supporting our work. You can play your part in showing care to those experiencing homelessness by making a donation to help us continue our important work in Hong Kong. Just 200 HKD can provide temporary accommodation service for someone in need for a night!
ImpactHK we have a vision for an inclusive Hong Kong where everyone has a safe place to call home and cares for their neighbour. We work with people experiencing homelessness to help them settle in a safe home, restore their wellbeing, build their self-esteem and social capital while discovering their purpose.
The Solution – How we do it?
- Provide direct holistic support to people experiencing homelessness and empower them to transform their lives.
- Build community connections to increase collective understanding of homelessness and empathy towards the people who experience it.
- Address the systemic issues that cause the housing crisis and stand up with those who lack the basic human right to safe housing
Our Work – What do we do?
Accommodation in a safe place is a critical part of helping people on their journey to independence.
We are out on the streets more than 60 times a month in locations across Hong Kong serving much-needed resources to people experiencing homelessness.
Many of the people we work with have barriers to accessing employment and training, we empower people to gain skills to giving them the tools for self-reliance.
Health & Fitness
We know that it is hard to make changes in your life if you are not feeling healthy and fit. We have a number of activities to give the people we work with the tools to improve their mental and physical health, foster healing of mind, body and soul.
Our community centre at Tai Kok Tsui provide basic necessities and resources at the centre to foster connections between our homeless guests and help build community.
Our Impact at a glance
- 505 people supported by our outreach every week
- 2412 meals served weekly
- 542 people provided with shelter since we began
- 14 areas served every week
- 32 employment opportunities created on ImpactHK team
- 23 community helpers on our programme each year
- 727 hours of classes each year
- 4000 volunteer hours dedicated to the community each month